About Oxford HR
Oxford HR is a global specialist executive search firm working primarily with ‘for purpose’ organisations, to help recruit and develop their leaders.
Formed in 1995 by an international development leader, it has grown in size and scope. We now work with national, multilateral and bilateral donors, international NGOs, private foundations, across the public sector, in the education and health sectors and with individual non-profits to source and appoint exceptional leaders who will deliver their mission on the ground. We promote
positive change by ensuring that our clients have the people they need to lead and manage their organisations successfully.
We have the breadth of senior level international networks across the sector to ensure a successful outcome. We genuinely care about the quality of our work, the impact that our appointments have, and we have robust systems in place to monitor and maintain high standards of service, while remaining flexible to accommodate individual client needs and to mitigate risks.
Oxford HR is recruiting a Regional Director East Africa to establish and manage our new office in Nairobi. We are looking for a dynamic leader with the entrepreneurial drive to set up a new branch of our fast-growing company. You will have a thorough understanding of the international development sector and excellent networks in East Africa.
The Regional Director will manage the establishment of our new office, be responsible for business development across the region, building and maintaining strong relationships with clients. You will lead on executive search and the implementation of Oxford HR’s Africa strategy with a specific focus on advancing diversity in leadership across the region and the continent.
- Substantial experience in senior leadership roles in the International Development space (e.g. country or regional director) OR senior HR credentials OR Executive Search professional.
- Executive search experience or considerable recruitment & selection experience – as HR or hiring manager.
- Proven track record of business development in a relevant practice area.
- Excellent knowledge of International Development landscape and key issues.
- Experience working internationally.
- Entrepreneurial, with experience running a business or consultancy.
- Strong client management skills.
- Experienced in operational delivery: security, internal HR management, managing budgets & finances, policies & procedures, operational risk.
- Excellent networks in international development in East Africa and globally; networks in the public and private sectors would be advantageous.
- Excellent cross-cultural and distance communications skills.
- Strong people management skills, including coaching, mentoring and performance management.
- Well developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent influencing, negotiating, relationship building and networking skills.
- IT literacy.
|Closing Date||14th January|
Eligibility: You must be a Kenyan nationality or have the existing right to work in Kenya. Oxford HR will not be seeking work permits. Applications from women are strongly encouraged.
Interested in this role? Download the appointment brief below for more information and then come back to this page to apply.
|Closing Date||14th January|
Director - Africa