About Islamic Aid
Islamic Aid is a dynamic charity looking increasingly to professionalise their way of working and ensure the best service to their donors. The grants made so far have been focused on immediate relief at the request of vulnerable groups to provide education, health care and improved livelihoods. To date the charity has been largely run by volunteers and occasional staff. Islamic Aid has been successful in both fundraising and supporting vulnerable groups in conflict areas, but now wants to move from an ad-hoc approach to a programmatic approach to ensure that support will lead to sustainable changes in people’s lives affected by poverty, war and disaster. Their vision is to seek a world where people live in dignity, independence and freedom. Guided by principles such as equality, respect, integrity, transparency and quality, Islamic Aid direct their grant making to some of the poorest countries in the world. As a UK based organisation they are also look to support communities here.
Islamic Aid is now looking to recruit a number of people to establish a team. The partnerships manager is the first position to be recruited for, and this role is part of a broader recruitment over time.
For this role we are looking for someone with a good knowledge of international development, able to work across development sectors and countries. You will be a strong networker able to develop relationships and influence both partners and donors to maximise the effectiveness of Islamic Aid grants. Their current grantees include organisations working in countries impacted by conflict. An understanding of the particular requirements of funding in difficult circumstances will be key.
Alongside this we are looking for someone with a knowledge of Islamic giving and funding or a willingness to quickly learn.
- Knowledge of programmes/development models and demonstrable record in international development, preferably with experience of evaluation and/or programme development.
- Experience in budgeting, financial management and monitoring.
- A forward-thinker with creative vision and a desire to work as part of a small team to help Islamic Aid flourish.
- Basic knowledge of Religious Giving practices and funding (or a willingness to learn).
- A good networker able to develop and maintain a wide range of relationships, with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Dynamic, open minded, culturally sensitive and able to engage with remote teams.
- A self starter – able to work independently and able to efficiently meet deadlines under pressure.
- Able to travel for up to 2 months a year.
- Experience working in politically volatile countries and conflict areas is desirable.
- Fluency in English.
- Have the right to live and work in the UK.
A relevant degree or equivalent professional qualification.
|Closing Date||1st January|
Interested in this role? Download the appointment brief below for more information and then come back to this page to apply.
|Closing Date||1st January|
Associate Executive Search Consultant - Europe and Americas