About Oxford HR
Oxford HR is a global specialist executive search firm working primarily with ‘for purpose’ organisations, to help recruit and develop their leaders.
Formed in 1995 by an international development leader, it has grown in size and scope. We now work with national, multilateral and bilateral donors, international NGOs, private foundations, across the public sector, in the education and health sectors and with individual not-for-profits to source and appoint exceptional leaders who will deliver their mission on the ground. We promote positive change by ensuring that our clients have the people they need to lead and manage their organisations successfully.
We have the breadth of senior-level international networks across the sector to ensure a successful outcome. We genuinely care about the quality of our work, the impact that our appointments have, and we have robust systems in place to monitor and maintain high standards of service while remaining flexible to accommodate individual client needs and to mitigate risks.
Working as part of a high performing and multicultural team in our growing global executive search practice based in Oxford, you will apply your comprehensive financial management skills to support the Operations Director and underpin the rapid growth of the business. Responsible for the financial health of the business. Producing key financial reports and helping the Operations Director and CEO develop sound business strategies based on the financial data. Guiding the senior management team in making sound business decisions in the long and short term.
This is a wide-ranging role as our inhouse finance guru. We need someone happy to run the numbers – ensure invoices are raised and chased, payroll is set up and run correctly, accounts are reconciled on to Quick Books online and cashflow forecasts and reports are produced on time. We need to ensure our senior management team have accurate actual figures to compare against the budgets you’ve helped create and implement, and can sit with them to look at how their business areas could perform more effectively.
As we grow and open more offices in addition to the existing offices in Oxford, London, Amsterdam and now Nairobi, we also need someone able to understand complex VAT legislation overseas, transfer pricing, withholding tax and a bunch of other complex stuff. So you need to be internationally minded, curious and able to absorb huge amounts of new information quickly and make good, sharp judgements on our behalf.
There’s no team underneath you – yet. Our overseas offices will grow to employ book-keepers and you will be supporting their work to ensure its accurate and timely and that our interests are properly protected.
Specifically, your duties will include the following, which is not an exhaustive list:
• Carry out the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll (outsourced), invoicing, and other transactions
• Support / liaise with junior finance staff in our Nairobi and Amsterdam offices as required
• Contract outside services for tax preparation, auditing, banking, investments, and other financial needs as necessary
• Track the company’s financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
• Seek out methods for minimising financial risk to the company
• Research and analyse financial reports and market trends
• Provide insightful information and expectations to the senior management team to aid in longterm and short-term decision making
• Review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports
• Present financial reports to board members, stakeholders and staff in formal meetings
• Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes
• Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
• Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
Qualifications and Knowledge
• You will be a part or fully qualified management or financial accountant
• Knowledge and experience of bookkeeping and accounting including processing journals, reconciliation accruals and financial analysis
• Familiarity with Quickbooks Online
• Excellent knowledge of Excel and report writing, including charts
• An understanding of VAT and general tax environments in the UK, Europe and Africa (desirable) – or the rapid ability to learn and interest in the same (essential)
• Good IT skills
• Ability to analyse financial data and highly financially and mathematically literate
• Ability to work unsupervised
• Great attention to detail and levels of accuracy
• Highly motivated and passionate about numbers and finances
• Interested in international development and current affairs
• High degrees of honesty and integrity
• Able to cope with uncertainty, flexible in your outlook and optimistically pragmatic
|Closing Date||5th August|
Interested in this role? Download the appointment brief below for more information and then come back to this page to apply.
|Closing Date||5th August|