About Oxford HR
Established in the mid 1990s, Oxford HR has developed an enviable reputation in the area of executive search for INGOs globally. With around 15 staff based in Oxford, a small growing team in London and offices in Amsterdam and Nairobi, we also have Associates in Asia, Africa and Europe. So we’re well positioned to provide tailored, bespoke services to charities and non-profits worldwide.
We are now looking to grow the business – developing into new areas such as the mainstream charity sector in the UK, the global Health sector, design for purpose and the higher education sector.
With impressive leadership, and a core team with a strong track record already in place, we have an ambition to become the leading Leadership Consultancy organisation internationally.
This opportunity will be challenging, rewarding and offer the fantastic possibility of becoming part of a leading organisation in a rapidly expanding marketplace.
Working as part of a high performing and multicultural team in our growing global leadership consultancy organisation based in Oxford, you will apply your organisational, digital and communication skills to support the Communications Director and underpin the rapid growth of the business. Responsible for the day to day running of the social media sites, creating content, working with the relevant teams on proposal development and general marketing, you will be producing key marketing outputs supporting the growth of the business and aiding in global brand awareness.
This is a great opportunity for a graduate with a year or so’s experience to wear two hats within one role; in-house and agency side.
Oxford HR is a global leadership consultancy, consisting of executive search and organisational development, allowing us to provide excellent customer service to our clients and aid their missions in global development.
With this side of the role, you will be responsible for the day to day running of our social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIN), ensuring our followers are increasing, liking and re-sharing relevant content, posting job roles and any content created internally. You will be working closely with your Account Manager and Communications Director to create annual content plans and keep those updated, liaising with contributors to ensure they send their articles in on time, proof-reading them and working with our designer to make them look beautiful. These will either be stand-alone pieces or part of our monthly newsletter, which again you will be heavily involved with and eventually responsible for pulling together, proof reading and pushing live.
While there is an emphasis here on digital due to the nature of our industry and the work we do, this is not purely a digital role. You are responsible for supporting the wider communications team in keeping all our content across the website and platforms rich, up to date and topical. The role also calls for attending and supporting the comms team in preparing for events, creating internal information tools such as infographics and being responsible for the data held for those and generally working on any marketing output, internal or external, that is required.
OXygen was set up as a complimentary sister agency to OxfordHR, in April of 2021. A design and communications agency focusing purely on the for-purpose sector, our vision is to #designabetterworld, by supporting our clients in creating beautiful, relevant and focused marketing outputs to allow their organisation to achieve their goals and raise brand awareness. With this hat on, you will again be supporting your Account Manager with all day-to-day activities for the agency such as social media management, creating content and generally increasing our followings but you will also be expected to work on projects we win, ensuring client relationships are excellent, work is delivered on time and on budget and that everything runs smoothly behind the scenes.
Specifically, your duties will include the following, which is not an exhaustive list:
- Supporting in carrying out the day-to-day marketing and communications operations within the company, such as weekly updates, content sharing, website content management etc.
- Carry out and keep on top of competitor reports for both OXHR and OXygen and present these to the company where relevant e.g. if a new practice area is launching
- Work with the Comms Director and Account Manager on the annual content plan and review this regularly
- Support in implementation of the content plan across our social media platforms
- Management of our social media platforms, in terms of Tweepi, client re-posting, content re-sharing etc. on a daily basis
- Supporting with OXygen projects as we win them, to ensure they are carried out smoothly and efficiently, on time and on budget
- Supporting with the management of the Mailchimp database (our ecomms)
- Planning events (globally) as part of our marketing plans and when booked, working with the Comms team on materials required and attending the events where necessary/appropriate.
- Once there, you need to work on the stand to promote OXygen and OXHR, but also network the event to make new contacts and attend lectures etc to write follow up pieces of content
Qualifications and Knowledge
- Ideally a degree with some element of marketing to it, not necessarily exclusive to that
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft generally, to include Excel, Word, Teams, Sharepoint, as well as Powerpoint and more innovative presentation tools such as Prezi and Mural
- Familiarity with Hootsuite and managing all social media platforms
- Excellent written skills and grammar
- Ability to work unsupervised and with high levels of self-motivation
- Great attention to detail and levels of accuracy
- The ability to multi-task and work across numerous projects and areas at any one time is essential
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Highly motivated and passionate about communications and marketing in general, but specifically in relation to digital (and social)
- Interested in international development and current affairs
- High degrees of honesty and integrity
- Able to cope with uncertainty, flexible in your outlook and optimistically pragmatic
- 100% a team player and a ‘yes’ person in your attitude to your work
|Reports to||Digital and New Business Account Manager|
Please apply for this role through Oxford HR website, attaching your CV and Statement explaining why you are interested in this post and how your skills and experience make you suitable, addressed to Suzie Mills.
|Reports to||Digital and New Business Account Manager|