About Carers Support West Sussex
With more than 19,000 carers currently registered with the charity, Carers Support West Sussex runs Support Groups, a Carer Response Line, helps carers access equipment to assist them in their caring role and provides funds so that carers can do something for themselves. They can also help carers access counselling and call back services, wellbeing support and have teams in all the of the major hospitals in West Sussex, as well as East Surrey Hospital in Redhill.
With more than 90 members of staff and over 60 volunteers, as well as a dedicated team of Trustees, Carers Support is committed to ensuring carers are recognised and listened to. Carers save the UK economy more than £1 billion to the West Sussex economy and more than £150 billion across England and Wales.
The CEO, in partnership with the Board of Trustees, is accountable for the success of ‘Carers Support West Sussex’ (CSWS), and the accomplishment of the CSWS vision operating within the CSWS values of the charity to effectively deliver CSWS strategic aims.
The CEO is accountable for developing the CSWS strategic plan as shall be the Board of Trustees, setting the future direction required to deliver brighter futures for all carers across the wide-ranging scope of their needs in care giving that we strive to support.
The Board of Trustees delegates accountability for leadership and day-to-day operational management to the CEO and the Leadership Team, and the CEO has authority to carry out these responsibilities in accordance with the direction and policies established by the Board of Trustees
The CEO will ensure CSWS is a high performing organisation that engages widely and works effectively through partnerships to achieve its goals; oversees and develops the financial performance of CSWS that underpins the pace of strategic developments and inspires and leads all those who work and volunteer for CSWS.
The CEO also supports the Board of Trustees in discharging its fiduciary and governance responsibilities.
- Significant leadership experience gained at senior level in a complex environment, ideally with good, first-hand knowledge of the carer or health sectors, working with patients, families or vulnerable people.
- Evidence of leading the development and delivery of organisational strategy, key targets, service improvements and management of change.
- Solid track record of effectively managing resources and budgets, with experience of delivering long term financial sustainability and stewardship of valuable resources.
- Ability to forge and nurture effective partnerships and collaborative relationships with a range of organisations both inside and outside the carers, healthcare and/or charitable sectors.
- Demonstrable evidence of strategic development and leading and inspiring people / organisations and developing effective partnerships.
- Educated to degree level or similar
- Management qualification
- Evidence of continuing professional education and management/leadership development.
|Closing Date||17th March|
Interested in this role? Download the appointment brief below for more information and then come back to this page to apply.
|Closing Date||17th March|
Principal Consultant - UKceo@oxfordhr.co.uk