We spoke to Claudia Cordova, our Project Administrator Manager, on the role of the Project Admin and how they help Oxford HR tick.
Project Administrators handle the administrative functions of all Oxford HR assignments and projects. The team is made up of highly organized, trustworthy, detail-oriented, multitasking individuals, who know how to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines as needed. Each Project Administrator handles between 8 and 12 assignments at a time.
When done right, the Project Administration team helps every part of the business run smoothly, and we believe the Oxford HR Project Administration team is a good example of this! We are constantly trying to improve our processes and learn new tools that allow assignments to be managed efficiently but without compromising on the quality of work that Oxford HR is known for.
The Project Administrator is like a bus driver. Their involvement from the beginning to the end of our assignments makes this position key to the successful delivery of our projects.
We strongly believe in teamwork and it is our passion to support teams to make things happen. A big part of our role is to involve teams and be a positive force that helps keep things moving. Especially now in today’s context, where remote work is the norm, the Project Administrator is the bridge that maintains the flow of communication within teams, clients and candidates.
Some of the main Project Administrator tasks are:
- Managing daily administrative functions of a project.
- Coordinate project activities, issuing of minutes, maintaining and updating the project schedule and monitoring overall progress of the assignment.
- Maintains effective communication with stakeholders during all phases of projects.
- Resolves or assists in the resolution of conflicts within projects or functional areas.
- Store all the information about candidates, clients, sources and organisations in our database and ensure it is up to date.
- Create and manage both paper and electronic filing systems to meet the organisation’s developing needs.
- Maintain and update the Oxford HR website and changing details of vacancies as required.
- Assist in the production of assignment reports.
- Assist in special projects such as HR consultancies.
- Run the social media for each role, and any other advertisement.
- Dealing with, and routing, general queries from clients, candidates and the general public.
In addition to all of the above, our Project Administrators are all invested in the development of the for-purpose sector, with keen areas of interest relating to international development. They are the backbone of Oxford HR and often go on to take more senior roles within the company.