SENIOR AND PRINCIPAL CONSULTANTS – FRAGILE AND CONFLICT AFFECTED STATES
|Location||Hove (East Sussex), UK|
|Contract Type||Full-time, Permanent|
|Closing Date||24th August|
Itad is a leading consultancy providing technical expertise to international development programmes, projects and institutions. Their work covers a range of sectors, including Conflict Prevention, Peacebuilding, Stabilisation, Humanitarian Assistance, Climate Change, Private Sector Development, Health, Governance and Social Protection and Livelihoods. Itad specialise in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) and their work ranges from designing MEL systems for multi-million Pound initiatives, to conducting long-term impact evaluations across the world.
Their Fragile and Conflict Affected States (FCAS) team is growing quickly and is currently providing MEL services to a range of clients, including the UK Government, across a range of conflict-affected regions, with a focus on Africa, Middle East and Asia. Their work is particularly focused on supporting governments to monitor, evaluate and learn from programming across a number of high-priority policy issues, including migration, preventing violent extremism, security sector reform, humanitarian assistance and resilience building, and local-level conflict prevention and peacebuilding.
The FCAS team is looking for dynamic and motivated Principal Consultant as well as a Senior Consultant.
The consultants will be joining a rapidly expanding team and will help to maintain the high quality of existing contracts and support the team in seizing new opportunities for growth.
The Principal Consultant is a technical role and proven experience of applying a range of evaluation designs and methods (qualitative and quantitative), as well as MEL thinking and practice in the context of at least one of the following areas is a pre-requisite: conflict prevention, peace building, migration, preventing violent extremism, security sector reform and humanitarian assistance.
The Senior Consultant will join the team and support the continued delivery and growth of our MEL portfolio for UK Government and the CSSF, as well as contribute to the delivery and further development of our portfolio of evaluations of humanitarian response and resilience building. The consultant will also be pursuing new opportunities, expanding the portfolio of the FCAS team and being actively involved in developing proposals and bids.
The successful candidates will have consultancy experience, be able to quickly establish credible, strong working relationships with team members, clients, partners and stakeholders, and will have the ability to lead, manage and motivate others. A clear understanding of commercial drivers and how they can influence both bidding and delivery is essential.
- Demonstrated experience of working on MEL assignments in fragile and conflict-affected environments is essential
- Demonstrated MEL technical expertise and experience in at least one of conflict prevention, peacebuilding, migration, preventing violent extremism, security sector reform and humanitarian assistance is essential. A humanitarian background is desirable.
- Experience and proven success in managing the delivery of MEL assignments for a range of international clients in a consultancy role or as a staff member within a major aid agency is essential for the Principal Consultant position., It is desirable for the Senior Consultant position.
- Significant technical expertise in at least one major aspect of data collection and analysis, e.g. qualitative methods; survey design; survey sampling; quantitative statistical analysis (essential for Principal Consultant, desirable for Senior Consultant).
- Demonstrated in-house experience in a similar position within consultancy firms (essential for Principal Consultant)
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Proficiency in one or more other UN language is an advantage.
Relevant Master’s degree or PhD in Social Science, conflict studies or development related discipline.
Interested in this role? Download the appointment brief below for more information then come back to this page to apply. For this, click on the “Apply now” button and complete our online application form, by attaching an up-to-date CV and a Statement.
Appointment Brief: ITAD-Principal-and-Senior-Consultants-FCAS