SENIOR/PRINCIPAL CONSULTANT – FRAGILE AND CONFLICT AFFECTED STATES
|Location||Hove (East Sussex), UK|
|Contract Type||Full-time, Permanent|
|Closing Date||Extended until 23rd April 2018|
Itad is a leading consultancy providing technical expertise to international development programmes, projects and institutions. Their work covers a range of sectors, including Conflict Prevention, Peacebuilding, Stabilisation, Humanitarian Assistance, Climate Change, Private Sector Development, Health, Governance and Social Protection and Livelihoods. Itad specialise in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) and their work ranges from designing MEL systems for multi-million Pound initiatives, to conducting long-term impact evaluations across the world.
Their Fragile and Conflict Affected States (FCAS) team is growing quickly and is currently providing MEL services to a range of clients, including the UK Government, across a range of conflict-affected regions, with a focus on Africa, Middle East and Asia. Their work is particularly focused on supporting governments to monitor, evaluate and learn from programming across a number of high-priority policy issues, including migration, preventing violent extremism, security sector reform, humanitarian assistance and resilience building, and local-level conflict prevention and peacebuilding.
The FCAS team is looking for a dynamic and motivated Senior/Principal Consultant with a passion for working in fragile and conflict-affected settings. The consultant will be joining a rapidly expanding team and will help to maintain the high quality of existing contracts and support the team in seizing new opportunities for growth. This is a technical role and proven experience of applying a range of evaluation designs and methods (qualitative and quantitative), as well as MEL thinking and practice in the context of at least one of the following areas is a pre-requisite: conflict prevention, peacebuilding, migration, preventing violent extremism, security sector reform and humanitarian assistance.
The successful candidate will have consultancy experience, be able to quickly establish credible, strong working relationships with team members, clients, partners and stakeholders, and will have the ability to lead, manage and motivate others. A clear understanding of commercial drivers and how they can influence both bidding and delivery is essential. Travel to high-risk locations is an intrinsic part of this role, so experience of managing that risk is key.
- Relevant Master’s degree or PhD in Social Science, conflict studies or development related discipline would be preferred.
- Demonstrated experience of working on MEL assignments in fragile and conflict-affected environments is essential.
- Demonstrated MEL technical expertise and experience in at least one of conflict prevention, peacebuilding, migration, preventing violent extremism, security sector reform and humanitarian assistance is essential. A humanitarian background is desirable.
- Experience and proven success in managing the delivery of MEL assignments for a range of international clients in a consultancy role or as a staff member within a major aid agency is essential.
- Significant technical expertise in at least one major aspect of data collection and analysis is essential, e.g. qualitative methods; survey design; survey sampling; quantitative statistical analysis.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Proficiency in one or more other UN language is an advantage
Minimum academic requirement: BA in related field
Please note that application period has been extended. Former applicants need not apply.
Interested in this role? Download the appointment brief below for more information then come back to this page to apply. For this, click on the “Apply now” button and complete our online application form, by attaching an up-to-date CV and a Statement.
Appointment Brief: ITAD-Senior-Principal-Consultant-FCAS