Senior Programme Advisor
|Contract Type||2-year contract|
|Closing Date||5th June|
Alliance2015 is a strategic partnership of 7 European NGOs working together to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The members are ACTED, Cesvi, Concern Worldwide, HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation, Hivos, People in Need, and Welthungerhilfe. United by their European values of human rights, solidarity, and tolerance, they save lives in emergencies and fight against the root causes of hunger, poverty, and inequality.
Advisor role is to facilitate the development of quality joint programmes and initiatives across Alliance partners. This entails support on effective collaboration among Alliance members in identified partner countries for emergency response, development and advocacy work, as well as support on fundraising for those purposes. The role also ensures that relevant analysis and evidence are derived from these joint efforts, and provides internal links between what members do on the ground, at their HQs, and as Alliance in Brussels. The Senior Programme Advisor keeps strategy delivery grounded in the members’ concrete work, through close interactions with the various Alliance2015 working groups, and carefully targeted support to country programmes.
- Substantial experience, including at the senior level, in programming and management in humanitarian and development contexts, ideally with advocacy responsibilities
- Proven fundraising experience, ideally including with EU mechanisms
- Proven advanced skills in facilitation, and working effectively in multi-cultural and complex settings
- Exceptional conceptual and analytical skills
- Ability to think and operate innovatively, flexibly, and strategically
- Excellent oral presentation and written skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills (ability to share and receive feedback, but also an understanding of the specifics of working for a network/in multicultural settings; ability to build trust)
- Willingness to travel (approx. 30%-40% of the time; regular visits to coincide with working group and other key Alliance meetings there, at
least once every two months)
- EU knowledge is an asset
- Fluency in English is essential; Fluency in French and/or any other Alliance member languages is an asset
Educated to the Master’s Degree-level in a relevant discipline
Interested in this role? Download the appointment brief below for more information then come back to this page to apply.
Appointment Brief:Alliance2015 – Senior Programme Advisor