Senior Consultant Evaluation and Research (EU Team)
|Contract Type||Full-term permanent basis|
|Closing Date||5th November|
Coffey’s Evaluation and Research team is a highly successful specialist consultancy, employing a multi-national team, based in central London. They have built up a strong reputation in the research and evaluation of public sector activities. They are part of a specialist global professional services consultancy, Tetra Tech, operating in 80 countries and employing 16,000 professionals world-wide.
Coffey has a long track record of delivering high quality evaluation, impact assessment, research, analysis and advice on the policies, programmes and other interventions of their public sector clients, in particular the European Commission, but also other public sector clients in the US, Australia, Europe and the UK.
Their evaluation work for EU clients focuses on interventions in a wide range of policy areas. These include: agriculture, enterprise and industry, employment and social affairs, education and culture, fisheries and maritime affairs, health, justice and consumer affairs, information and communication, public diplomacy, research and technological development, taxation and customs policies, and transport. Coffey’s Evaluation & Research Practice is also active in the field of international development.
Coffey are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Senior Consultant with proven experience in evaluation and research to support their growing portfolio of work for the European Commission. An analytical mind, a proven ability to manage complex projects and a positive attitude are required.
They are looking for someone who combines leadership skills with being a team player and is keen to make a strong contribution to delivering interesting and high-quality research work for our clients.
The successful candidate will be offered a role as a Senior Consultant in Coffey Evaluation and Research’s EU team and expected to help ensure its continuing success in years to come.
The role provides the opportunity to further develop both your evaluation, management and leadership skills within a team of like-minded professionals.
- Proven professional experience in evaluation and research of public policies and programmes.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills, and a very good understanding of different quantitative and qualitative social research techniques and methods appropriate for complex evaluation assignments predominantly in an EU setting.
- Significant project and client management experience and good commercial acumen and negotiation skills.
- Ability to build and manage large multi-disciplinary and multicultural research teams.
- Ability to work under pressure, both independently and as part of a team, and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent command of the English language (at or near native level)
- Flexibility to travel mainly in Europe but occasionally globally up to 20% of the time.
- In-depth knowledge of, and ideally previous experience of working with, the EU institutions.
- Expertise in one or more specific policy areas (we currently work in a number of policy areas across the Commission, including development cooperation, public health, food, taxation and customs, research and innovation, fisheries, communication, education and culture, enterprise and industry, employment and social affairs and justice, and transport).
- Experience of economic analysis methodologies, for example to support cost benefit analysis and impact assessments.
- A working knowledge of at least one other EU language.
A university degree (preferably with a relevant post-graduate qualification).
Interested in this role? Download the appointment brief below for more information then come back to this page to apply.
Appointment Brief: Coffey Candidate Pack