Regional Director – East and Southern Africa Division (ESA)
|Contract Type||2-year contract|
|Closing Date||27 May|
The International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) is an international financial institution and a specialised United Nations agency dedicated to eradicating rural poverty and hunger. It does so by investing in rural people. IFAD finances programmes and projects that increase agricultural productivity and raise rural incomes, and advocates at the local, national and international level for policies that contribute to rural transformation.
Regional Director – East and Southern Africa Division (ESA) responsible for managing a Regional Division. The main focus of the Regional Director is strategic leadership, innovation and management. The accountabilities/key results include:
- Vision and Strategy
- Policy Development and Advice
- Programme Management
- Management of Resources
- Excellent Operational experience of working in developing countries and with multilateral institutions.
- Understand the relationship of public sector and private sector engagement with particular reference to rural farmers.
- Risk Management and Quality Assurance experience.
- Have a strong focus on the importance of partnering with the private sector and innovative approaches with particular regard to climate smart agricultural practices.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of the economy and political history of the East and Southern Africa region.
- Have experience of operating in accordance with the Paris Declaration with both donors and governments.
- Experience of managing teams and the ability to lead and motivate staff located both in Rome and in the ESA region.
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline
Interested in this role? Download the appointment brief below for more information then come back to this page to apply.
Appointment Brief:IFAD ESA Appointment Brief