More Than Brides Alliance Coordinator
|Location||The Hague, Netherlands|
|Contract Type||12 months (renewable)|
|Closing Date||1st August|
About the Alliance
In 2016, the More than Brides Alliance (MTBA) received a Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) Partnership Fund from the Dutch Government to implement a five-year programme focused on ending child marriage. The Alliance consists of four organisations: Save the Children Netherlands (lead), Oxfam Novib, the Population Council (research), and Simavi.
The programme is currently being implemented in five countries: Malawi, Niger, Mali, India, and Pakistan. The mission of the MTBA is to improve the Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) of young people, enabling them to decide if and when to marry and pursue their rights in a supportive environment.
The Alliance Coordinator’s main responsibilities are to coordinate and monitor the overall programme implementation, facilitate effective and efficient functioning of the partnership, and to lead the central PMU team. Maintaining good internal and external communication and relationships is the Alliance Coordinator’s key task, being the bridge between MBTA member organisations and the contact point for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and other external bodies and stakeholders, particularly the other two child marriage alliances.
- Substantial experience as a manager in multi-sectoral programming, management, and coordination, preferably in a relevant ﬁeld such as SRHR or child protection.
- Experience working with and managing alliances or other collaborative NGO structures.
- Ability to operate within a conceptual,
- Strong analytical, organisational, and planning skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, ability to motivate and inspire people with a coaching leadership style.
- Results-oriented in combination with ﬁnancial insight.
- Preparedness to travel to the alliance programme countries.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and intermediate French. Understanding of Dutch would be preferable, but not required.
- Legal permission to work in the Netherlands.
Master’s degree in International Development Cooperation or a related field.
Interested in this role? Download the appointment brief below for more information then come back to this page to apply.
Appointment Brief: More than Brides Alliance Coordinator Appointment Brief