Head of Department – HRM
|Salary||€78,000 + full benefits package|
|Closing Date||8th January 2018|
About Médecins Sans Frontières
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) intervenes in emergencies and crisis situations, to relieve human suffering from unmet medical needs and to create a space for humanity. MSF works to provoke a social and political response that meets the essential needs, and respects and protects the dignity, of people in danger. MSF strives to innovate and incite change through its medical action, its “témoignage” and its active reflection on the situation of populations in danger. Respecting its Charter and shared principles, MSF is an independent movement of citizen associations that are integrated and open to their societies. In a spirit of volunteerism, acting in proximity to and in solidarity with assisted peoples, MSF’s members adhere to humanitarian principles and respect for medical ethics.
- The main purpose of the position is to enhance the quality, effectiveness and efficiency of HR support to the organization and in particular to the field operations via recruitment and deployment of sufficient, qualified and skilled staff.
- Comfortable with frequent short term travel, especially to Berlin, London and New Delhi, but also elsewhere.
- To further develop, advise upon and co-ordinate the implementation of an HRM strategy, work processes, policies and procedures.
- To ensure all activities of the HRM department meet the needs of all stakeholder groups in our medical operations, support departments and HR management in the field.
- To supervise and coach all direct reports and ensure efficient use of department resources.
- To develop a service-oriented, trusting and professional work ethics in the department, manage continuous improvement projects.
- Provide leadership to the HR department in Amsterdam.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior management position with comparable responsibilities, preferably as an HR Director or a member of a Management Team.
- Knowledge of and experience with HRM in a highly dynamic international work environment and/or matrix organisation.
- NGO experience is preferred.
- Clear vision and solid experience with process engineering, organisational design and change management.
- Good negotiating and influencing skills.
- Outstanding communication skills as well as an excellent command of the English language.
- Active knowledge of Dutch or French will be considered an asset.
Skills and abilities
- Charismatic leader
- Strategic, focused, structured planner
- Clear, original and creative thinker
- Strong motivational leadership skills
- Natural collaborator
- Ability to set and communicate clear, measurable goals and expectations.
- Effective decisive management and business planning skills, with the ability to manage and prioritise work to deadlines and to achieve results with and through others
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build relationships across all levels and teams
- Excellent presentation skills and written and spoken English
- Ability to work internationally and in a diverse and multi-cultural environment
- Good negotiation skills, with the ability to persuade effectively and deliver convincing arguments
Attitudes and values
- Transparent and consistent leader
- Open to change
- Solutions oriented
- Bachelor or Master in Business Administration, with preferred specialisation in HRM.
Interested in this role? Please apply now or email MSFHolland_HRM@oxfordhr.co.uk
Appointment Brief: MSF Holland Head of HRM