|Salary||Competitive with salaries at other international NGOs|
|Closing Date||27 November 2017|
About The Syria Campaign
The Syria Campaign is an independent advocacy group campaigning for a peaceful and democratic future for Syria. The Syria Campaign is a young, dynamic campaigning organisation combining the best elements of creative communication, digital mobilization, storytelling, and political analysis with the aim of supporting the demands of some of the most courageous frontline humanitarians and activists in the world.
The Executive Director will be responsible for leading the organisational vision and approach in response to the ever-changing dynamics on the ground and ensuring that the organisation continues to grow to meet the needs of its Syrian partners. He or she will be responsible for increasing the organisation’s impact through securing long-term financial support. He or She will be working with the organisation’s existing contacts at the highest levels, including leading international philanthropists and foundations, as well as developing their own new partnerships. Finally, he or she will be leading a team of all-stars to continue to deliver the most impactful campaigns.
- At least six years’ experience in which you have developed and led high-performing teams, set and achieved strategic objectives and managed a budget;
- Proven track record of securing funds for a similar organisation or type of work
- Track record in building productive relationships with a range of actors and key influencers in your field (e.g. activists, journalists, policy makers, donors, politicians).
- A confident and sophisticated communicator, presenter, and writer;
- Deep experience in: civil society work and/or peace-building; and/or public campaigning
- Experience and skills with media, including TV appearances and op-eds, strongly preferred;
- Experience in a start-up, growth business, or dynamic non-profit operating environment preferred.
- Fluency in written and spoken English essential;
- Written and spoken Arabic desirable
Interested in this role? Download the appointment brief below for more information then come back to this page to apply.
Appointment Brief: The-Syria-Campaign-Executive-Director.pdf