|Salary||c. £60,000 per annum + benefits|
|Closing Date||20th of August|
SDN (Stakeholder Democracy Network) was established as a non-governmental not-for-profit organisation in 2004. They strive to protect human rights and demand responsive governance. The community-led initiatives improve the positioning power of citizens and strengthen the capacity of media and civil society to discuss challenges to national development in a politically neutral forum.
The Executive Director will be responsible for leading the organisational vision and approach in response to the ever-changing dynamics on the ground and ensuring that the organisation continues to grow to meet the needs of its partners: civil society, local communities and NGOs, and donors.
- Substantial experience in which you have developed and led high-performing teams, set and achieved strategic objectives and managed a budget;
- Proven track record of securing funds for a similar organisation or type of work;
- Track record in building productive relationships with a range of actors and key influencers in your field (e.g. policy makers, donors, politicians).
- Excellent ability to influence, collaborate, effectively negotiate and solicit for the needs of the organisation, including both policy influence and fundraising;
- A confident and sophisticated communicator, presenter, and writer;
- Deep experience in: civil society work and/ or peace-building and/or public campaigning;
- Experience in a start-up, growth business, or dynamic non-profit operating environment preferred;
- Prior direct or indirect fundraising experience;
- Successful financial oversight experience of an independent business entity or civil society organisation.
- Proven track record of collaborative leadership, working effectively with results-oriented leadership teams in high pressure and high-profile assignments;
- Experience with strategic planning and execution in a matrix-style organisational design;
- Fluency in written and spoken English essential;
- Intetrnational management experience with a focus on Africa is desired;
- Experience working within the extractive industries is desired but not essential;
- Master’s degree, or equivalent background in business, non-profit management, or international development.
Interested in this role? Download the appointment brief below for more information then come back to this page to apply.
Appointment Brief: SDN Executive Director