|Location||London, Beirut or New York|
|Salary||Competitive with salaries at other international NGOs.|
|Contract Type||Permanent, with a six-month probation period.|
|Closing Date||8th January 2018|
About The Syria Campaign
The Syria Campaign is a young, dynamic campaigning organisation combining the best elements of creative communication, digital mobilization, storytelling, and political analysis with the aim of supporting the demands of some of the most courageous frontline humanitarians and activists in the world.
The Syria Campaign has raised the profile of groups like the White Helmets rescue workers, helping to secure them millions of dollars to continue their life-saving work. The Syria Campaign has supported Syrian civil society on tours to political capitals and editorial rooms across the world to push the voices of these heroes to the top of the agenda.
It is fiercely independent and elevates the demands of frontline Syrians who share the organisation’s values of human rights and democracy. This solidarity, unique in international organisations working in this area, has helped contribute to it becoming one of the most respected organisations working on the conflict and enjoying strong support from Syrians in the country and beyond.
Their 15-person Syrian and international team are looking for an Executive Director that can build on these successes in line with their vision of The Syria Campaign being the most impactful international organisation working on the conflict.
The Executive Director will be responsible for leading the organisational vision and approach in response to the ever-changing dynamics on the ground and ensuring that the organisation continues to grow to meet the needs of its Syrian partners.
They will be responsible for increasing the organisation’s impact through securing long-term financial support. They will be working with the organisation’s existing contacts at the highest levels, including leading international philanthropists and foundations, as well as developing their own new partnerships.
Finally, they will be leading a team of all-stars to continue to deliver the most impactful campaigns.
- At least six years’ experience in which you have developed and led high-performing teams, set and achieved strategic objectives and managed a budget;
- Proven track record of securing funds for a similar organisation or type of work
- Track record in building productive relationships with a range of actors and key influencers in your field (e.g. activists, journalists, policy makers, donors, politicians).
- A confident and sophisticated communicator, presenter, and writer;
- Deep experience in: civil society work and/or peace-building; and/or public campaigning
- Experience and skills with media, including TV appearances and op-eds, strongly preferred;
- Experience in a start-up, growth business, or dynamic non-profit operating environment preferred.
- Fluency in written and spoken English essential;
- Written and spoken Arabic desirable
Interested in this role? Download the appointment brief below for more information then come back to this page to apply. For this, please upload your CV and Statement in ONE single document.
Appointment Brief: Appointment Brief – The Syria Campaign – Executive Director