Director of Development
|Closing Date||24th January 2018|
About Causeway Education
Causeway Education, formerly known as HE Access Network, is a charity aiming to improve the life chances of children and young people in the UK by supporting them through key educational transitions. Their programmes focus on both individuals and institutions, ensuring that their work has a long-term impact.
They work with over 30 universities and more than 150 schools, sixth-form centres and FE colleges across the country, designing and developing programmes for a range of sector-leading organisations including the Sutton Trust and the Scottish Funding Council. They also intend to be a leading provider and the first port of call for institutions and funders wanting to design and deliver educational transition programmes.
Following a period of significant growth, and their conversion to a charity in October 2017, they now seek a talented and ambitious individual to develop and deliver their organisational fundraising strategy, working closely with their CEO and Board of Trustees.
Their intention is that their funding will come from grant funding as well as service delivery contracts. They want to work in areas of the country where they think there is a need for their programmes, not just those where they have been commissioned to work. They want their programmes to be free at the point of use for students and schools, funded by universities, donors, third sector organisations, and government.
Their new Director will drive the generation of significant income from all voluntary sources and grant givers ensuring that all activity is legal, properly managed and maximise return on investment for Causeway.
- Demonstrable track-record in strategic thinking, planning and delivery of projects.
- Demonstrable track record in successful revenue generation and contract generation.
- Experience of inspiring and driving others to achieve results and commanding respect in a leadership role.
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships at the highest levels (funders, commissioners, government bodies).
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, able to present information in a format that is accessible to multiple different audiences.
- Proven track-record to work in a high performance, data-driven, analytical culture.
- Knowledge of education sectors in which we operate.
- Demonstrable passion and drive for Causeway Education’s aims.
- High level of financial literacy and budgeting competence.
- Self-starter, solutions-focused and willing to ‘roll-up sleeves’ in a small team whilst providing leadership and good humour.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing landscape and evolving organisation.
- Creative, able to think of solutions and see past barriers.
- Transparent and direct, with impeccable integrity.
- Ability to work on own initiative to tight deadlines, to remain focused in the face of multiple priorities, and pressures and unintimidated by tasks or time limitations.
- Target driven, with a grounding in long-term strategic approach.
- In possession of, or able to secure, an enhanced DBS check (child workforce).
- Degree level education or equivalent qualification
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
Interested in this role? Download the appointment brief below for more information then come back to this page to apply.
Appointment Brief: Director of Development Causeway Education