Country Director Zambia
|Closing Date||25th May|
|Status||Open - apply through iDE's website|
iDE is a global development organization with a mission to create income and livelihood opportunities for poor rural households.
The company was founded in 1982 and has played a pivotal role in developing social enterprises and market-based approaches.
iDE invests in entrepreneurs, creates social enterprises, and provides solutions to solve some of the world’s toughest problems, primarily in agriculture and WASH. Our headquarters is based in Colorado, USA and there are currently offices in 14 countries, mostly in Africa, Asia, and Central America.
iDE are offering a mission critical leadership position in one of the world’s most entrepreneurial organizations, using business approaches to solve poverty with profit.
The Zambia Country Director (CD), based in Lusaka, reports to the Vice President of Global Operations & Business Development and receives support from iDE headquarters staff based in Denver, Colorado and from the senior leaders and technical staff throughout Africa, Asia, and Latin America.
The CD works closely with the iDE offices in Canada and the UK, when funding is generated from those offices. As iDE’s in-country leader and champion, the Country Director has responsibility and accountability for iDE’s mission, staff, finances, assets, and legal standing in Zambia.
- You are strategic – You link our activities in Zambia to iDE’s overall strategy and performance by developing and implementing country specific strategies.
- You are a liaison and connector – You have the opportunity to positively impact the local community and represent iDE as a collaborative liaison with a wide variety of key stakeholders.
- You drive team performance – You operate in a manner consistent with iDE organizational policies and procedures and in close cooperation with the VP of Global Operations & Business Development and with iDE headquarters staff. You develop and manage Human Resource functions for your team.
- You are accountable – You deliver consistent results and ensure compliance with daily program management and fiduciary oversight requirements.
- You grow the market – You raise funds for the implementation of iDE Zambia programs and their expansion by coordinating with international donors and other funding sources.
- You measure impact – You are committed to showing our impact through high quality data.
- You inspire – You lead our staff and partners with a focus on impact with the rural poor and a commitment achieving our mission.
Degree in Agriculture, Business Management, Marketing, Development or related field or equivalent
Interested in this role? To apply please forward a comprehensive resume together with a supporting statement/ cover letter (maximum two pages). Tell us what excites you about this opportunity. Please also state (1) your level of competency in English and (2) whether you currently have the right to work in Zambia. Please submit applications through the iDE Careers page: https://hire.withgoogle.com/public/jobs/ideglobalorg/view/P_AAAAAADAAADPY-iU1gZk8u Please also mention that you heard of this role through Oxford HR.
Appointment Brief:Country Director Zambia iDE – Appointment