Country Director DRC
|Salary||War Child Holland offers its international staff a fair salary and comprehensive secondary benefits that includes housing, insurances (including health, travel and disability) and opportunities to develop and learn professionally.|
|Closing Date||22nd January 2018|
About War Child
War Child Holland works to ensure that children affected by conflict and violence can realise their fundamental rights and build a better future – both for themselves and their communities.
We are proud to have supported more than 380,000 children during 2016. Children who are forced to live with the terrible effects of violence and armed conflict and we have a shared ambition to significantly increase the scale and impact of our work.
In the DRC, where we have worked since 2003, we deliver interventions in three key thematic areas of child protection, psychosocial support, and education, across 26 communities. We also remain committed to add value to the development of a sustainable programme which suits the local needs and works closely with DRC local organizations and relevant government institutions.
As our Country Director, you will be responsible for the realisation of our country programme in the D.R. Congo. This includes developing the country strategy, planning and reporting, monitoring & evaluation, effectively supervising the country team and building the capacity of staff and local partners. You will play an important role in fundraising, represent War Child in meetings and
coordination platforms and have the final responsibility for Security Management.
In order to achieve all of this we seek an experienced and inspiring leader, with experience in an international/ humanitarian organization at senior management position, proven experience in the region, a relevant academic background, excellent
communication skills in English and French; an individual with knowledge of psychosocial, protection and education programmes for children affected by conflict.
• Experienced and inspiring leader.
• Excellent communication skills in English and French
• Diplomatic with strong problem solving and social skills.
• Results oriented and stress-resilient, able to cope with deadlines and complex problems.
• Team player and able to work independently.
• Demonstrable affinity with War Child’s mandate.
• At least 10 years’ relevant experience in an international/humanitarian context of which a minimum of 5 years in
a senior management position (e.g. as Representative or Country director).
• Proven experience in the region.
• Experience of working with local partners and knowledge of psychosocial, protection and education programmes for children affected by conflict.
• Proven experience in financial management (including management of multiple grants).
• Proven experience in growing the operations and funding of an organization.
Relevant academic background e.g. social sciences, international relations, Business Administration.
Interested in this role? Download the appointment brief below for more information then come back to this page to apply. For this, please upload your CV and Statement in ONE single document.
Appointment Brief: War Child Appointment Brief