Country Director – Democratic Republic of Congo
|Closing Date||4 July|
CARE seek’s a world of hope, tolerance, and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live with dignity and security.
This has been their vision since 1945, when they were founded to send lifesaving CARE Packages to survivors of World War II. Today, CARE is a global leader in the movement to eradicate poverty. CARE works in 95 countries and reaches over 65 million people with an incredible range of life-saving programs. They also put women and girls at the center of their work because they know that poverty cannot be overcome until all people have equal rights and opportunities. They seek dynamic, innovative thinkers to further their mission. If you share their core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join them.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly regarded CARE organisation. Whom are at the forefront of improving lives of women and girls in the most complex scenarios including ongoing conflicts and humanitarian emergencies, as can be seen, at this time, in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
The ideal candidate will be fluent in French with substantial experience in gender-based work and a sound knowledge of the geopolitical context in the Democratic Republic of Congo at present. In addition, the potential applicant needs to have strong leadership skills and be a team player fully committed to CARE’s mandate for the country as well as the wider region.
- Substantial experience working in senior management position in development field and humanitarian emergencies’ setting
- Strategic and operational management
- Demonstrated experience in leading strategic and operational planning
- Extensive conceptual skills including strategic analysis
- Demonstrated management skills in a complex international setting
- Knowledge and experience of gender related programming, especially gender based violence
- People/Relationship Management
- Demonstrated self-awareness, leadership and interpersonal skills•Strong human resource management skills including capacity building, coaching and conflict management
- Experience supervising and developing a multi-disciplinary team in a cross-cultural setting
- Demonstrated interest and ability to give feedback, develop, motivate and lead a diverse team to achieve results
- Demonstrated use of positive coping strategies in stressful environments
- Knowledge and experience with financial management as demonstrated by ability to
- Manage a complex budget
- Effectively follow-up on internal and external audit recommendations
- Ensure donor compliance and reporting
- Information/Knowledge Management
- Ability to establish a learning culture within the Country Office and to facilitate knowledge sharing across CARE
- Demonstrated experience in program design,implementation and evaluation
- Experience managing emergencies
Bachelor’s degree in related field, Master’s degree desired.
Interested in this role? Download the appointment brief below for more information then come back to this page to apply.
Appointment Brief:Country Director DRC CARE Appointment Brief