Chief Executive Officer
|Salary||At least £95,000 per annum|
|Closing Date||18th June 2018|
About St Christopher's
Founded in 1870, St Christopher’s is a UK charity and leading provider of children’s services that operates across Southern, Eastern and Central England and the Isle of Man.
In 2017, St Christopher’s supported almost 1,000 children and young people, providing residential childcare, fostering services, supported housing, services for runaway children, a children’s secure care home, leaving care services, 16 plus services, consultancy and education.
St Christopher’s is an innovative organisation that places young people at the centre of everything we do. Our current and evolving range of services is informed by evidence gathered over many years of working closely with the children and young people that we support, and through developing meaningful relationships with them, to support their development, grow their confidence and help them reach their full potential.
The new Chief Executive Officer will replace our current CEO, who is retiring later this year, after almost 20 years with St Christopher’s. S/he will join us at an exciting time of our development, leading the delivery and further development of St Christopher’s 2018-2023 strategic plan, which focuses on delivering brighter futures for the children and young people that we support.
The Chief Executive will work closely with an experienced senior management team and will provide strong leadership for the operational delivery of all existing services and the bids/tenders for new contracts, and ensure that all services are delivered within the defined budgets and in accordance with required regulations. S/he will also ensure that St Christopher’s continues to grow the children and young people’s services programmes to meet the changing demands of this complex sector and share innovative evidence and research that can inform future UK and Isle of Man government children’s services policies.
- Ideal candidates will have demonstrable experience of working within children’s social care or related services.
- S/he will have broad strategic and organisational leadership experience within a complex charitable or relevant local authority or statutory sector organisation and a proven ability to manage growth.
- They will have worked closely with boards, senior management teams and external stakeholder groups and will have solid business and financial skills, with the creativity to consider new opportunities – new service development, collaborative working partnerships, working more closely with commissioners to meet their needs.
- S/he will have excellent interpersonal qualities and communication skills, bringing a clear ability to inspire and motivate staff, foster carers and the children and young people across our organisation.
- S/he will also bring a strong external focus.
Interested in this role? Download the appointment brief below for more information then come back to this page to apply. Attach a copy of your CV, together with a supporting statement. Please ensure that your submission includes evidence of how you meet the person specification, and your motivation for applying.
Appointment Brief: St Christopher’s CEO Appointment Brief