Business Development Manager
|Salary||£45,000 - £50,000|
|Contract Type||Full-time, Permanent, subject to a 3-month probation period|
|Closing Date||29th January 2018|
Every1Mobile is a mobile services and technology company which designs, builds and runs large digital social impact programmes across sub-Saharan Africa. Every1Mobile works with both the corporate and the international development sectors, using the power of mobile technology to deliver sustainable socio-economic inclusion to the bottom of the pyramid and emerging middle class. They work on projects spanning financial and digital literacy, entrepreneurship, sexual health, gender and youth engagement for clients including Unilever, UN, PSI, Palladium and One.org, and on programmes funded by The World Bank, USAID, UKAID and the EU. The company has offices in Brighton, Cape Town and Nairobi. Their Washington DC and Lagos offices will open in Q1 2018.
Every1Mobile is recruiting a Business Development Manager to join their Business Development and Partnerships team in the Brighton office. You will be working with a highly motivated, energetic and growing team, including the company CEO, Business Development and Partnerships Manager in Brighton and their Business Development Director in South Africa. The role will be to build their portfolio of programmes across sub-Saharan Africa and other emerging markets through identifying new business opportunities and developing winning bids and proposals.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience developing proposals to secure grants and contracts for large value, complex, multi-year programmes within the International Development sector.
- Solid understanding of international development issues, sector, key players and stakeholders. In-country experience desirable.
- Applied knowledge of project cycle management including problem analysis, project design, financial planning and management, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience preparing and managing quality, successful technical and financial proposals for institutional donors or clients (including preferably DFID and/or USAID).
- Knowledge of international development donor funding and compliance policies.
- Experience coordinating bid teams involving multiple stakeholders to deliver proposals, bids, or manage contracts.
- Experience working with partners and colleagues from different organisations, countries, and cultures to deliver complex work tasks as part of a consortium.
- Excellent communication and project management skills to manage clients and partners and gather deliverables from a range of internal and external stakeholders within pressurised schedules.
- Excellent organisational skills and time-keeping.
- Very strong writing skills to be able to construct high quality, complex narratives and convey complex ideas simply and clearly.
- Strong numeracy skills and moderate-advanced level of competence using Excel spreadsheets and formulas for financial information including price modelling and budget preparation.
- Confident and proficient in IT skills including Microsoft Office and Google Suite products.
- Interest in international development issues, specifically the role of technology to deliver impact.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to interpret and analyse complex information from a range of sources and present in a succinct and compelling way.
- Ability to think and work pro-actively and creatively under pressure.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the United Kingdom. Please note that Every1 Mobile is not sponsoring work visas.
- Degree level qualification in relevant field, or equivalent work experience (Masters preferred)
Interested in this role? Download the appointment brief below for more information then come back to this page to apply. For this, please upload your CV and Statement in ONE single document.
Appointment Brief: Appointment Brief E1M Business Development Manager