Do you have experience of private sector development and a desire to identify what works and why? Do you have a strong track record of building relationships, sharing learning and influencing senior level stakeholders? Would you thrive in an environment that offers huge scope for thinking creatively about ways to contribute to the debate on inclusive economic growth in East Africa and beyond?
Gatsby Africa is recruiting a Senior Programme Manager to establish and manage strategic partnerships that will significantly enhance our ability to support economic transformation in East Africa.
Gatsby funds and implements programmes that look to catalyse and influence large-scale and lasting change in priority sectors, such as cotton in Tanzania. We also build and support local organisations dedicated to sector transformation. We aim to capture the learning from these initiatives, think hard about what works and why, and share this learning across our portfolio and with governments, donors and others who are trying to transform sectors.
The successful candidate will be at the heart of this work, identifying and managing partnerships which strengthen our ability to be thoughtful, rigorous and relevant to the challenges faced by East African economies. They will manage relationships with the research community, think tanks, implementing organisations and donors. This in turn will underpin our broader engagement with East African governments beyond the immediate sectors where we work.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A strong track record influencing senior level stakeholders, for example donors, implementing organisations, researchers, think tanks etc.
- A strong intellectual understanding of approaches to sector transformation – including the role of government and supporting institutions – with a real curiosity to understand what works, what doesn’t work and why.
- Substantial relevant experience working in private sector development including experience in a developing country context designing or delivering sector transformation/ market systems programmes.
- Plenty of energy and be a self-starter able to meet deadlines under pressure and balance conflicting and changing priorities.
For more information about the role, please download the appointment brief: GA Insights and Partnerships SPM – Appointment Brief. The closing date for applications is midnight UTC on Monday 24th July 2017. Candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
To apply for this post, please download and read the GA Insights and Partnerships SPM – Appointment Brief, then complete our online application form. Please complete the form in sentence case – there is no need to use block capitals.
You will be asked to submit the following information:
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae (of no more than 2-3 sides of A4)
- A detailed statement (of no more than 2-sides of A4) explaining why you are interested in this post and giving evidence of how you meet the Person Specification criteria. (Please look at http://oxfordhr.co.uk/how-
to-craft-a-winning-statement- by-karen-twining/ for advice on how to prepare your statement).
The documents should be saved in Word in the following format:
Your First Name, Your Last Name, Document Name, and Date (yymm) e.g.:
Applications will not be accepted without a completed application form.