This position is now closed for new applications.
Wetlands International is seeking a Programme Head for Climate-smart Land Use, to build on the platform and credibility they have established in this field – and to drive this work forward globally, both in terms of influence of sectoral actors and the establishment and scaling up of programmes.
Wetlands International is a global not-for-profit organisation dedicated to the conservation and restoration of wetlands. The organisation has its head office in Ede-Wageningen (Netherlands).
The Programme Head of Climate-smart Land Use will be responsible to develop and guide Wetlands International’s policy influence and programmes in relation to climate-smart land use, including a strong focus on peatlands, according to Wetlands International’s goals.
The successful candidate will be a visionary and facilitative leader with the professional insights, active networks, programme/project management experience and management competencies to lead a network-wide team and related partners to deliver concrete, innovative and tangible results related to wetlands and climate-smart land use.
Scale 13-14 (Euro 3.943 – Euro 5.476)
- Demonstrated knowledge of policy and practical aspects of wetlands ecosystems and climate-smart land use
- Extensive experience on programme/project development and implementation with a track record of successful results, working with dispersed teams and diverse partners
- Proven ability to inspire, empower and motivate colleagues in and outside of Wetlands International, so as to build a high performance team
- Knowledge of key issues, debates, trends and key global processes related to climate-smart land use and sustainable agriculture
- Diplomat, good listener with strong interpersonal skills and comfortable working across different cultures and levels of society; confident communicator and advocate for different target audiences at all levels
- Strong willingness and ability to learn, share and innovate; Proven ability to mobilise ideas through developing and coordinating teams
- Commitment to Wetlands International’s mission, values and ways of working
- Willingness and ability to travel regularly
- Language: excellent communications skills in English, essential: written, oral and presentation.
- Has an elaborate international network with relevant (international) NGOs, academics, knowledge institutes, governments, and other regional & global institutions
- Proficiency in French, Spanish or Dutch
- Minimum of a master’s degree in a relevant discipline
Oxford HR has been retained as an executive search consultancy to assist Wetlands International in finding suitable candidates for this role.
To apply for this post, please download and read the Appointment Brief, then complete our online application form. Please complete the form in sentence case – there is no need to use block capitals.
You will be asked to submit the following information:
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae (of no more than 2-3 sides of A4)
- A detailed statement (of no more than 2-sides of A4) explaining why you are interested in this post and giving evidence of how you meet the Person Specification criteria. (Please look at Help for Candidates for hints on how to write a successful statement).
The documents should be saved in Word in the following format:
Your First Name, Your Last Name, Document Name, and Date (yymm) e.g.:
Applications will not be accepted without a completed application form.