Every1Mobile is seeking a Principal Consultant-Programme Design to work on projects making a real difference to the lives of people across Sub-Saharan Africa and beyond. The Principal Consultant-Programme Design will be leading on the design of mobile digital programmes involving websites, apps and digital messaging, whose aim is to provide knowledge and provoke attitude and behaviour change for projects funded by clients including Government bodies such as DFID, USAID, and major corporations.
Oxford HR has been retained as an executive search consultancy to assist Every1Mobile in finding suitable candidates for this role.
Competitive salary in line with similar sized companies
Whereas the Project Manager is responsible for delivering project activities on time and to budget, the Principal Consultant -Programme Design, is responsible for the strategic and creative direction of the project, with a strong mandate to ensure we are delivering real impact to end users and high quality services to clients, whilst also identifying further commercial opportunities.
The role entails taking responsibility for the overall creative strategy of a project, encompassing:
- Needs analysis (identifying and clarifying client and user needs);
- Impact strategy (understanding the social development problem at hand, causes, possible solutions, best practice);
- Design strategy (what the site’s functionality and features should be, creative direction around look and feel);
- Content and community management strategy (what sort of content we produce, how we produce it, how we manage the community and content production to meet programme objectives, the content may be within the website and/or via social media);
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (how we measure and report on the projects; how we track, share and action what we learn);
- To a lesser degree, user acquisition and retention strategy (top level recommendations to support the marketing strategy).
For the duration of the project, the Principal Consultant -Programme Design will work regularly with the Project Manager, Head of Content, Design and Technical teams to monitor and guide progress of the project and ensure excellent standards are maintained.
- Extensive experience in project design for international development organisations;
- Excellent analytical skills, with demonstrable ability in gathering and assimilating facts and data from various sources;
- Ability and desire to work with teams from different economic and cultural backgrounds and across multiple language barriers;
- Ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload with a range of concurrent projects and deadlines;
- Practice in developing project monitoring and evaluation frameworks and of approaches used to measure outcomes and impact;
- Ability to conduct and collate desk-based and face-to-face research and needs assessments;
- Experience supporting new business and proposal development;
- Excellent relationship management with a range of stakeholders ideally including corporate, non-profit and institutional donors;
- Experience in designing and facilitating user centric needs assessment workshops
- Interest in driving development with technology;
- A solid sense of the commercial imperatives of a for-profit business.
- Specialisation in agribusiness, SMEs, SGBV, e-learning
- Experience of working in a tech4development organisation
- Proficiency in written and spoken French
All applicants must have the legal right to live and work in South Africa or Kenya. Please note that Every1 Mobile is not sponsoring work permits.
Applications will be considered as they are received. This role may close to applications before the planned closing date of 16th August 2017.
To apply for this post, please download and read the Appointment Brief, then complete our online application form. Please complete the form in sentence case – there is no need to use block capitals.
You will be asked to submit the following information:
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae (of no more than 2-3 sides of A4)
- A detailed statement (of no more than 2-sides of A4) explaining why you are interested in this post and giving evidence of how you meet the Person Specification criteria. (Please look at Help for Candidates for hints on how to write a successful statement).
The documents should be saved in Word in the following format:
Your First Name, Your Last Name, Document Name, and Date (yymm) e.g.:
Applications will not be accepted without a completed application form.