IOD PARC is looking for a Principal Consultant (Climate Change) to lead its work on Climate Resilience and Low Carbon Development. IOD PARC works with clients using a wide spectrum of approaches to tackling climate change in both international development and western contexts including through: mitigation; adaptation; resilience; and climate finance.
The Principal Consultant will build on their existing portfolio by securing and leading significant assignments. They will have a strong track record in the climate change or related sectors and a combination of complementary experience and skills sets in climate change, resilience, adaptation and/or monitoring and evaluation, and/or organisation development.
£55,000+ Basic salary, plus performance related bonus
- Demonstrable evidence of undertaking large pieces of consulting work in a complex client system
- Ability to maintain strong, credible relationships with an extensive network of contacts for identifying potential technical collaborators
- Ability to develop strong relationships leading to contractual engagement or partnerships in consulting assignments
- Experience of project management, including demonstrable evidence of the capability to manage and lead large multidisciplinary consulting projects and teams
- Ability to provide technical oversight of practice portfolio
- Ability to effectively manage ambiguity and uncertainty
- Experience in development contexts is essential; experience in fragile and/or post-conflict states is desirable.
- A relevant Master’s degree or similar post graduate qualification or a significant body of internationally recognised work
- Our work is carried out mostly in English, so the ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively in written and spoken English is essential
- Language skills in one or more international languages: Arabic, French, Portuguese, Spanish desirable
- We are looking for energised and engaging people who are efficient and professional; good at managing demanding clients and delivering on time to a high standard. In addition to significant technical skills, applicants will need the personal credibility and stature to present effectively and authoritatively while being able to communicate with others at all levels in client / partner / stakeholder organisations.
To apply for this post, please download and read the Appointment Brief, then complete our online application form. Please complete the form in sentence case – there is no need to use block capitals.
You will be asked to submit the following information:
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae (of no more than 2-3 sides of A4)
- A detailed statement (of no more than 2-sides of A4) explaining why you are interested in this post and giving evidence of how you meet the Person Specification criteria. (Please look at Help for Candidates for hints on how to write a successful statement).
The documents should be saved in Word in the following format:
Your First Name, Your Last Name, Document Name, and Date (yymm) e.g.:
Applications will not be accepted without a completed application form.