Are you looking for a fascinating role in one of world’s most highly regarded International NGOs? Read on – this is a life changing opportunity where you could really make a difference by improving the lives of the poor and most vulnerable.
CARE has worked globally for over 70 years saving lives, defeating poverty and achieving social justice. They put women and girls in the centre because they know that they cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities.
The Managing Deputy Regional Director will be working in a senior role for a complex and challenging region (Democratic Republic of the Congo, Burundi, Rwanda and Uganda) and will address some of the most important issues of our time. There is huge potential but there are also major unresolved issues, which are culturally and politically very sensitive – with many difficulties to overcome.
You will need to be an exceptional individual, combining significant experience in international relief and development with specific skills and experience in strategy development and management, as well as program quality, accountability and impact, working in partnership, change management, staff development, coordination and teamwork.
The position requires excellent English language communication skills, with a strong capacity in French. The position will be based within the sub-region possibly Kampala or Kigali – to be agreed.
US$130 000 negotiable with attractive expatriates benefits package
- Evidence of extensive experience in international humanitarian & development work at management level.
- Good grasp of issues related to the cause of poverty and injustice; knowledge of Central Africa an advantage.
- A strong commitment to, and a demonstrated experience in, the areas of organizational development and learning, knowledge-sharing and people development.
- Demonstrable skills in organizational development, change management, coordinating, facilitating and creating a consensus in a complex environment.
- Proven operational management skills in large scale operations.
- Strategic and critical thinking skills; experience of strategic planning.
- Evidence of capacity to innovate; entrepreneurship.
- Strong staff management, coaching and mentoring skills and experience (particularly managing remote/virtual teams).
- Commitment to and capacity to model the behaviours that we value. Evidence of capacity to support the development of these behaviours in others.
- Ability to work independently, with little direct supervision;
- Willingness to spend approximately 40% time travelling.
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and communications skills.
- Language skills: English fluency and good working French
- Evidence of extensive experience at leadership level
- Fluency in French
- Bachelor degree or relevant combination of qualifications and experience in a relevant discipline.
- Masters degree or equivalent experience or relevant professional development in related discipline
- Change management and team building
- Managing relationships across units
- Planning and organizing
- Proactive problem solving
- Operational decision-making
- Self awareness
- Interpersonal skills
- Resilience, adaptability and ability to self-manage
- Stress tolerance
- Customer orientation
To apply for this post, please download and read the Appointment Brief, then complete our online application form. Please complete the form in sentence case – there is no need to use block capitals.
You will be asked to submit the following information:
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae (of no more than 2-3 sides of A4)
- A detailed statement (of no more than 2-sides of A4) explaining why you are interested in this post and giving evidence of how you meet the Person Specification criteria. (Please look at Help for Candidates for hints on how to write a successful statement).
The documents should be saved in Word in the following format:
Your First Name, Your Last Name, Document Name, and Date (yymm) e.g.:
Applications will not be accepted without a completed application form.