The Head of Programme Design will be leading on the design of mobile digital programmes involving websites, apps and digital messaging, whose aim is to provoke knowledge, and attitude and behaviour change for projects funded by clients including Government bodies, such as DFID, USAID, funders and donors and major corporations. The Head of Programme Design will be joining a multicultural and multidisciplinary team based in Brighton, UK, and Cape Town South Africa who all share a passion for making a difference whilst working in a cutting edge sector.
Every1Mobile is a mobile services and technology company which designs, builds and runs large digital social impact programmes across sub-Saharan Africa. Every1 Mobile works with both the corporate and the International Development sectors, using the power of mobile technology to deliver sustainable socio-economic inclusion to the bottom of the pyramid and emerging middle class.
Salary : c£55,000+ Benefits
The head of Programme Design-Digital is responsible for the strategic and creative direction of the project, with a strong mandate to ensure we are delivering real impact to end users, high quality services to clients, whilst also identifying further commercial opportunities.
For the duration of the project, the Head of Programme Design will work regularly with the Project Manager, Head of Content, design and technical teams to monitor and guide progress of the project and ensure excellent standards are maintained.
The role entails taking responsibility for the overall creative strategy of a project, encompassing:
- Needs analysis (identifying and clarifying client and user needs)
- Impact strategy (understanding the social development problem at hand, causes, possible solutions, best practice)
- Design strategy (what the site’s functionality and features should be, creative direction around look and feel)
- Content and community management strategy (what sort of content we produce, how we produce it, how we manage the community and content production to meet programme objectives, the content may be within the website and/or via social media)
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (how we measure and report on the projects; how we track, share and action what we learn)
- To a lesser degree, user acquisition and retention strategy (top level recommendations to support the marketing strategy)
It’s required to have:
- MA (possibly in a humanities or social sciences subject e.g. psychology, international development, sociology, anthropology, history…)
- Problem solving skills
- Demonstrable ability to grasp complex ideas and systems, and intellectual curiosity
- Superior oral and written communication skills, with demonstrable experience working with varied audiences
- Multidisciplinary background across areas covered by the job description
- Evidence of having mastered new skills in challenging environments
- Can work and self-organise autonomously
- Has managed other people before
- Technical/design literacy with respect to web development and mobile
To apply for this post, please download and read the Appointment Brief , then complete our online application form. Please complete the form in sentence case – there is no need to use block capitals.
You will be asked to submit the following information:
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae (of no more than 2-3 sides of A4)
- A detailed statement (of no more than 2-sides of A4) explaining why you are interested in this post and giving evidence of how you meet the Person Specification criteria. (Please look at Help for Candidates for hints on how to write a successful statement).
The documents should be saved in Word in the following format:
Your First Name, Your Last Name, Document Name, and Date (yymm) e.g.:
Applications will not be accepted without a completed application form.