Managing a high performing team in our global executive search practice in the field of international development, you will apply your commercial acumen and executive search skills to adapt to rapidly changing markets.
Along with an impressive career in executive search, you’ll need a demonstrable strong track record of success in appointing senior candidates. You’ll need a strong interest in International Development and a search background that is relevant to the broader non profit sector. Entrepreneurial by nature you will also demonstrate an ability and the tenacity to respond positively to challenges.
£55,000 per annum, plus bonus and commission.
Experience & Knowledge
- Substantial experience of carrying out executive search and selection, either in the UK charity sector or international development arena;
- Demonstrable experience of working in an international context with appropriate cultural understanding and ideally multilingual;
- Sound knowledge of the international development, both in the UK and overseas, including sources of income, legislation, topical issues, etc;
- Experience of leading and developing a team to perform to the highest standards;
- A demonstrable interest and broad knowledge of global current affairs and geopolitical issues.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with keen attention to detail and the confidence to liaise with senior candidates, clients and opinion formers;
- Calm under pressure;
- Intuition and a high level of diplomacy with the ability to gauge potential suitability of individuals;
- Exemplary organisational skills, able to prioritise and manage conflicting deadlines and ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent project management skills with a ‘completer – finisher’ attitude;
- Networking and excellent relationship management skills;
- Ability to work within a small, close-knit team often dispersed across continents;
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision and using own initiative.
Personal Style & Behaviour
- Collaborative and inclusive working style, able to reach collegiate decisions;
- Able to foresee and mitigate problems – proactive approach to problem solving;
- Innovative and creative, and able to inspire others;
- Keen eye for detail, consistency and quality;
- Strong interest in civil society, self motivated and driven to succeed;
- Empathy with the vision and values of the business and those of our civil society clients;
- Open and inclusive communication style, approachable yet decisive.
Qualifications: A relevant degree or above.
To apply for this post, please download and read the Appointment Brief, then send your CV and covering letter to David Lale at email@example.com.
You will be asked to submit the following information:
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae (of no more than 2-3 sides of A4)
- A detailed statement (of no more than 2-sides of A4) explaining why you are interested in this post and giving evidence of how you meet the Person Specification criteria. (Please look at Help for Candidates for hints on how to write a successful statement).
The documents should be saved in Word in the following format:
Your First Name, Your Last Name, Document Name, and Date (yymm) e.g.:
PLEASE DO NOT COMPLETE THE APPLICATION FORM BELOW.