World Animal Protection is a global organisation, working in over 50 countries across the world. They protect animals because they believe a sustainable future for the planet can only be achieved if both animals and people are part of the solution.
This role works with country directors and their leadership teams, together with international functional leads, to build and gain approval of a medium-term business plan for each country in the World Animal Protection portfolio. As a business partner to the country directors, this role will explore options across existing and potential activities in each country. Key to the success of this role will be to ensure a focus is on the medium term, identifying both the challenges and the opportunities to improve each country’s contribution to delivering our global strategic objectives.
· A proactive self-starter who is results-oriented, with a positive outlook and a focus on high quality and constant improvement.
· Strong strategic abilities with intellectual rigour and the ability to work well under pressure.
· Strong all-round business skills including:
- Developing business plans;
- Data analysis;
- Performance management and evaluation;
- Options appraisal;
- People management and development;
- Risk management.
· Ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
· Ability to develop and implement innovative solutions to problems and make recommendations that take account of long-term benefits and risks.
· Able to assimilate and analyse information quickly and accurately and to think strategically.
· Excellent presentation skills and written and spoken English.
· A strong commitment to the aims and values of World Animal protection.
Qualifications / Education
· A business qualification e.g. an MBA or similar is desirable.
· Experience of working in an international environment.
· Familiarity with and experience of ensuring an organisation works within local regulatory and legal frameworks.
· Experience and a proven and successful track record of working with Boards of Trustees.
· Experience of managing organisational change at a senior level.
To apply for this post, please download and read the candidate pack, then complete our online application form. Please complete the form in sentence case – there is no need to use block capitals.
You will be asked to submit the following information:
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae (of no more than 2-3 sides of A4)
- A detailed statement (of no more than 2-sides of A4) explaining why you are interested in this post and giving evidence of how you meet the Person Specification criteria. (Please look at Help for Candidates for hints on how to write a successful statement).
The documents should be saved in Word in the following format:
Your First Name, Your Last Name, Document Name, and Date (yymm) e.g.:
Applications will not be accepted without a completed application form.