One of the foremost independent AIDS charities in the world is looking for a passionate and entrepreneurial Finance Director. Someone with the ability to identify opportunities, who operates well in an environment which isn’t overly regulated or constrained to get the best possible outcomes for the Foundation. In return you will be guaranteed an exciting, challenging and rewarding experience within a progressive and forward-thinking organisation.
The Finance Director works with the Executive Director and colleagues at Director level to formulate and deliver the Foundation’s strategic aims and objectives with specific responsibility for ensuring that efficient and robust financial systems are in place to support the charity and its subsidiaries.
This is a senior management position responsible for leading the financial activities through the provision of effective financial systems, policies, procedures, reports and controls across the organisation. This will include developing a strong culture of customer service to place Finance at the heart of the organisation.
At least £70,000 per annum.
- Demonstrate a strong and visible passion and commitment to the organisation’s strategic objectives and its stated ambition of ending the aids epidemic once and for all.
- Possess the personal gravitas and credibility to provide financial leadership to a significant Foundation working in an important area on a global scale.
- Exhibit strong inter-personal and relationship building abilities.
- Demonstrate tact and diplomacy, with the ability to listen and engage effectively.
- Possess strong networking capabilities.
- Ability to foster and promote a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to translate financial terminology and strategy into everyday language with team members and key stakeholders.
- Ability to commit time to conduct the role well, including travel and attending Board and committee meetings and events in the evening and at weekends.
- Experience of operating at a senior strategic leadership level within an organisation working internationally.
- Successful track record of achievement through their career.
- Experience of charity governance and working with or reporting to a board.
- Experience of external representation, delivering presentations and managing stakeholders.
- Effective and strong communication skills, with an open management style and the ability to work as part of a close-knit management team.
- Ability to develop reporting systems that enable robust decision-making.
- Ability to plan and manage a complex workload across a range of disciplines, meet deadlines and respond to unplanned demands.
- Ability to inspire and empower the finance team.
- Ability to creatively problem solve, including exploring new technologies and operating frameworks.
- Qualified accountant with demonstrable post qualification experience.
- Thorough understanding of the role of a business partner and demonstrable evidence of a solutions based approach.
- Experience of reporting, regulatory and compliance frameworks in the UK.
- Experience of operating at a strategic level and working with a senior management team to develop the overall strategic direction for an organisation.
- Demonstrate a successful track record of developing and delivering effective financial management.
- High level planning, project management and decision making capabilities.
If you have any queries on any aspect of the appointment process, need additional information or would like to have an informal discussion, please contact Philip Nelson or Jamie Phillips at email@example.com.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt with candidates potentiality being invited to attend a preliminary interview before the closing date.
Closing date: Sunday 9 April
Final Panel Interviews: week commencing 10 April
To apply for this post, please complete our online application form. Please complete the form in sentence case – there is no need to use block capitals.
You will be asked to submit the following information:
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae (of no more than 3-4 sides of A4) and a list of non-executive directorships and trustee posts that you currently hold.
- A detailed statement (of no more than 2-sides of A4) explaining why you are interested in this post and how your skills and experience make you suitable. Please ensure that your submission fully addresses the appointment criteria in the person specification.
- You should provide the names, positions, organisations and contact telephone numbers of two referees, one of whom should be your current employer. References will only be taken once your express permission has been granted.
- We would be grateful if you could also let us know if you require any special provision as a result of any disability should you be called for interview.
- Finally, please ensure that you have included your mobile and home telephone numbers, as well as dates when you will not be available or might have difficulty with the indicative timetable.
Applications will not be accepted without a completed application form.