This position is now closed for new applications.
Oxford HR have been retained as an executive search consultancy to appoint the new Executive Director for The Syria Campaign, an independent advocacy group mobilising people around the world to help stop the violence and accelerate progress towards a peaceful and democratic future for Syria.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an entrepreneurial, creative and energetic organisational leader who is passionate about playing their part in The Syria Campaign’s overall mission of supporting Syria’s heroic civil society.
The Executive Director will be responsible for shaping the organisational vision and approach in response to the ever changing dynamics on the ground over the coming years.
They will be coming in to help increase the organisation’s impact through securing long-term financial support. They will be working with the organisation’s existing contacts at the highest levels, including leading international philanthropists and foundations, as well as developing their own new partnerships. Finally, the Executive Director will be spearheading the growth of the organisation’s profile with key audiences and the wider public.
Competitive with salaries at other international NGOs
- Proven track record of fundraising ideally within the Syria space;
- Significant experience in which you have developed and led high-performing teams, set and achieved strategic objectives and managed a budget;
- Track record in building productive relationships with a range of actors and key influencers in your field (e.g. activists, journalists, policy makers, donors, politicians);
- We particularly welcome applications from Syrian and Palestinian-Syrian candidates.
- Bachelor degree in a related field or similar professional experience;
- A confident and sophisticated communicator, presenter, and writer;
- Deep experience on Syria / Middle East / peace building;
- Experience and skills with media, including TV appearances and op-eds, strongly preferred;
- Fluency in written and spoken English essential;
- Written and spoken Arabic highly desirable;
- Experience in a start-up, growth business, or dynamic non-profit operating environment preferred.
To apply for this post, please download and read the Appointment Brief, then complete our online application form. Please complete the form in sentence case – there is no need to use block capitals.
You will be asked to submit the following information:
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae (of no more than 2-3 sides of A4)
- A detailed statement (of no more than 2-sides of A4) explaining why you are interested in this post and giving evidence of how you meet the Person Specification criteria. (Please look at Help for Candidates for hints on how to write a successful statement).
The documents should be saved in Word in the following format:
Your First Name, Your Last Name, Document Name, and Date (yymm) e.g.:
Applications will not be accepted without a completed application form.