Muscular Dystrophy UK supports research to find effective treatments and ultimately cures for all types of muscular dystrophy and related neuromuscular conditions. This requires determined and influential leadership to bring together the science community, funders, industry and of course patients and families living with muscle-wasting conditions to develop our impact and accelerate progress in the UK and internationally.
The Director of Research and Innovation provides the necessary leadership and skills to drive our work forward and accelerate steps to treatments and ultimately cures for these rare and very rare conditions.
• Develop and lead the implementation of the Research Strategy of Muscular Dystrophy UK.
• Develop partnerships and external relationships, nationally and internationally, with a wide range of individuals and organisations including with researchers industry.
• Ensure that affected individuals and families, including those with ultra-rare conditions, are given opportunities to direct their fundraising efforts.
• Ensure effective communication of both the outcomes of research and research opportunities to families, supporters and external audiences and promote the key role and impact of Muscular Dystrophy UK as a major research funder.
• Provide effective management of the charity’s research grants to ensure milestones and outcomes targets are met.
• Provide Directorial leadership within the Senior Executive team and ensure the set objectives are achieved both across all areas of research and in meeting the charity’s strategic aims.
To apply for this post, please download and read the Appointment Brief, then click on the apply button, top right, to complete our online application form.
You will be asked to submit an up-to-date curriculum vitae (of no more than 2-3 sides of A4)
Applications will not be accepted without a completed application form.