Lively Minds are seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to lead their Ghana team and help them to take their innovative early childhood care and education programme and organisation through an exciting period of transformative growth. You must be an excellent project manager with experience of both grassroots development work and advocacy/stakeholder management. You must be a self-starter with excellent interpersonal and influencing skills and be able to lead and motivate Lively Minds’ local team and stakeholders to deliver the programme to the highest quality. Their goal is to ensure that the programme can be delivered by government, at low cost in resource-poor and remote villages, so you must be flexible and able to find creative low-cost solutions that can achieve quality results in this context.
£38,000 – £42,000 pa depending on experience. Benefits include: five-week annual leave (to be taken at specified times), travel insurance, one international flight per annum, use of office car in non-work hours. If the appointed candidate is a UK citizen, they will also get a 2% pension.
- Substantial project management experience with demonstrated results managing people, budgets and activities;
- Stakeholder engagement experience and demonstrable results of influencing others;
- Experience coaching and training others;
- Ability to manage a complex and varied work load and to work under pressure;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- Experience of behaviour-change projects;
- Experience of working in rural communities;
- Experience working with international donors and grants.
- Bachelor degree in a related field or similar professional experience.
Oxford HR has been retained as an executive search consultancy to assist Lively Minds in finding suitable candidates for this role.
To apply for this post, please download and read the Appointment Brief, then complete our online application form. Please complete the form in sentence case – there is no need to use block capitals.
You will be asked to submit the following information:
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae (of no more than 2-3 sides of A4)
- A detailed statement (of no more than 2-sides of A4) explaining why you are interested in this post and giving evidence of how you meet the Person Specification criteria. (Please look at Help for Candidates for hints on how to write a successful statement).
The documents should be saved in Word in the following format:
Your First Name, Your Last Name, Document Name, and Date (yymm) e.g.:
Applications will not be accepted without a completed application form.