Temwa is seeking an energetic and entrepreneurial individual to strengthen and grow its operations in Northern Malawi. The CEO will be responsible for the development, management and administration of Temwa’s development programmes in northern Malawi.
Temwa is committed to ensuring that development in the region is community-led and sustainable. They run projects in four key areas: health, education, agriculture and forestry as well as microfinance, supporting some of the most vulnerable households in the region. These include households headed by a female or child, those hosting one or more orphans, and those with a HIV-positive member.
Temwa’s large project portfolio has developed in direct response to the needs identified by the communities they serve, with interventions designed in collaboration and partnership with them. In all that Temwa does, they aim to provide the resources to enable people to lift themselves out of poverty and create lasting change for their own future.
The CEO will oversee the review and update of Temwa’s strategic plan and then will need to implement, monitor and continue to review the plan, as well as overseeing annual operational plans and budgets. This post will provide overall supervision and management of the Temwa team in Malawi, including leadership, strategic direction, ensuring high quality liaison with key stakeholders including, community members and donors visiting Malawi. The CEO will also ensure to build Temwa’s work in northern Malawi in partnership with the government, other NGOs and the community to ensure high quality programme delivery.
The gross package offered is between 18 million to 20 million MK per annum. The successful candidate will need to negotiate the package, the gross package includes housing, medical and fuel allowance. A vehicle will not be provided directly to the CEO, however, one of Temwas vehicles will be made available for use by the CEO after work hours and on weekends. It is important to note that during work hours the vehicle must be available for Temwa project and office use.
This position demands a dynamic individual with a proven ability to achieve results in a demanding environment. The following would be required:
- Masters degree in relevant field, or Bachelors degree with commensurate work experience;
- Minimum of ten years professional experience in lead management, implementing development programmes in Sub-Saharan Africa;
- Solid background and contacts within the NGO sector in Sub-Saharan Africa, preferably Malawi;
- Proven background knowledge of institutional donors rules & regulations;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking and strategic planning skills required;
- Strong English writing and speaking skills are required;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines and tasks efficiently;
- Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to detail;
- Strong proven track record with building and motivating a diverse team of staff and board of trustees, this includes management, recruitment and operations;
- Strong business and financial management skills;
- Ability & willingness to travel as needed;
- Passion for the development of Northern Malawi
To apply, please send a CV (4 page maximum) and covering letter (2 page maximum) to email@example.com.
Please do not complete the application form.