This is your chance to make a significant contribution to the elimination of poverty and tackle major global challenges with one of the world’s leading international development organisations.
The Associate Vice-President (AVP) heads the Financial Operations Department (FOD) and is IFAD’s Chief Finance Officer (CFO) and Chief Controller. The Associate Vice-President is responsible for IFAD’s financial integrity and assists the President by providing strategic financial leadership. The Associate Vice-President works with the executive management team to establish financial goals and strategies, and oversees their implementation to ensure IFAD’s sustainability in delivering financial services in support of IFAD-funded programmes and projects to invest in rural people.
The Associate Vice-President is the chief financial spokesperson for the Fund, and is accountable for IFAD’s sustainability in the delivery of services related to financial matters, risk management and internal control.
The International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) is an international financial institution and a specialised United Nations agency dedicated to eradicating rural poverty and hunger. It does so by investing in rural people. IFAD finances programmes and projects that increase agricultural productivity and raise rural incomes, and advocates at the local, national and international level for policies that contribute to rural transformation.
The Financial Operations Department (FOD) is a dynamic, strategic and responsive service provider, fully supporting IFAD in managing its financial, investments, and material resources. FOD ensures that these resources are efficiently, economically and effectively used to achieve IFAD’s objectives in the long-term and deliver on its development commitments. The department is a strategic financial business partner to IFAD departments and divisions.
ASG level salary range with standard UN compensation package.
Fixed term, 2 years, renewable.
- Advanced University degree or equivalent higher-level qualification in Finance, Accounting, Business Management, Economics or related discipline.
- Substantive relevant experience exceeding at an international level in an institution, which could include international organisations, international financial institutions, UN agencies or other development finance-related organisations.
- Progressively responsible management experience in senior positions is required.
- Strong speech giving/writing and report-writing experience and capabilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Working knowledge of another official language (Arabic, French, or Spanish) is desirable.
Oxford HR has been retained as an executive search consultancy to assist IFAD in finding suitable candidates for this role.
To apply for this position, you will have to apply through both IFAD and Oxford HR. Please notice that failure to comply with this requirement will result in your application not being assessed for this role. Please find instructions below:
IFAD online application form can be found here:
You should receive an automatic message confirming your application. For any queries about IFAD’s applicant portal, please contact email@example.com.
Please ensure that your submission fully addresses the appointment criteria in the person specification.
You should provide the names, positions, organisations and contact telephone numbers of at least three referees (supervisors and/or clients). Please clearly indicate the working relationship with the referee. References will only be taken once your express permission has been granted.
Oxford HR online application form:
To apply for this post, please download and read the Appointment Brief, then complete our online application form. Please complete the form in sentence case – there is no need to use block capitals.
You will be asked to submit the following information:
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae (of no more than 2-3 sides of A4)
- A detailed statement (of no more than 2-sides of A4) explaining why you are interested in this post and giving evidence of how you meet the Person Specification criteria. (Please look at Help for Candidates for hints on how to write a successful statement).
The documents should be saved in Word in the following format:
Your First Name, Your Last Name, Document Name, and Date (yymm) e.g.:
Applications will not be accepted without a completed application form.